The object of the Ladies’ Guild of Change Ringers as stated in our rules is: to bring together ringers both nationally and within local districts, to encourage new ringers, and to improve the standard of ringing amongst women.
We provide a supportive network of members who will help you achieve new goals within ringing, whether to try a new method, to ring a quarter peal or to call something new.
The Ladies Guild is organised into geographic districts, with events organised by individual districts and by the Guild as a whole. More information about the Guild is here.
This list shows planned future dates for all districts in the Ladies Guild. Please contact the webmistress to add to or update this list. For more details about an event, see the relevant district page, or contact the district officers.
For general information about the Ladies Guild, see About the Guild.
- Sat 30th August Marches District meeting
- Sat 30th August Western District Presentation of the Young Ringer of the Year award at Burrington, details here.
- Sat 6th September Ringing World Roadshow. Helpers wanted for Ladies Guild stand, details here.
- Sat 6th September Eastern District, quarterly district meeting in Norfolk.
- Sat 20th September Northants District morning ringing
- Sat 18th October Western District autumn meeting in South Wales, details here.
- Sat 1st November Eastern District quarterly district meeting in Essex
- Sat 15th November 10-bell practice at St Clement Danes, details here.
- Sat 29th November Marches District meeting
- Category: Western
- Published on Friday, 25 July 2014 08:50
- Written by Jan Wyatt
- Hits: 45
- Category: About the Guild
- Published on Monday, 02 June 2014 15:12
- Written by Janet Garnett
- Hits: 242
6 September 2014
Everything for the ringer you are and the ringer you want to be
WANTED - Helpers for Ladies Guild Roadshow Stand
If you are going to the roadshow on Saturday 6th September at Newbury Race Course and could spare an hour to help man our stand I would love to hear from you. We currently have six volunteers but the more people we have to help the more time we will each have to look around the roadshow. Ideally we would like two people at a time to man the stand.
If you feel you could help please contact me through the National Contacts on the Ladies Guild Website (here).
- Category: Southeastern
- Published on Tuesday, 24 June 2014 20:01
- Written by Helen Webb
- Hits: 188
The next 10 bell practice at St Clement Dane's is on Saturday 15th November from 1.30pm to 4pm: methods will be plain hunt and Grandsire Caters.
- Category: Eastern
- Published on Monday, 23 June 2014 14:05
- Written by Janet Garnett
- Hits: 131
Theo Crowder reports that Cromer bells were delivered on Monday 16th June, and they were scheduled to go up into the tower on Thursday 19th June. Theo's photos show all the, now, eight bells in the church yard with Maureen Gardiner sitting on one, and Betty Baines and Gilbert Larter with the 2nd. Gilbert and Joan Larter donated the bell in memory of Tony Baines.
- A peal for Wendy's birthday, 01/06/2014
- Ringing Holiday, Torquay, 11-18 May 2014
- Kent District becomes Southeastern
- 10 Bell Practice at St Clement Danes: Saturday 3rd May 2014
- Coleorton, Leicestershire, 08/02/2014
- Betty Baines MBE
- 10 Bell Practice, St Clement Danes, 22/02/2014
- Young Lady Ringer Award 2014
- New format for quarter peals - Dec 2013
- East Midlands Celebrated! Ten Year Anniversary