The object of the Ladies’ Guild of Change Ringers as stated in our rules is: to bring together ringers both nationally and within local districts, to encourage new ringers, and to improve the standard of ringing amongst women.
We provide a supportive network of members who will help you achieve new goals within ringing, whether to try a new method, to ring a quarter peal or to call something new.
The Ladies Guild is organised into geographic districts, with events organised by individual districts and by the Guild as a whole. More information about the Guild is here.
This list shows planned future dates for all districts in the Ladies Guild. Please contact the webmistress to add to or update this list. For more details about an event, see the relevant district page, or contact the district officers.
For general information about the Ladies Guild, see About the Guild.
- Sat 30th August Central District meeting, details here.
- Sat 30th August Marches District meeting, details here.
- Sat 30th August Western District Presentation of the Young Ringer of the Year award at Burrington, details here.
- Sat 6th September Ringing Roadshow. Helpers wanted for Ladies Guild stand, details here.
- Sat 6th September Eastern District, quarterly district meeting in Norfolk. First tower Scole, 9.30 am. Details here.
- Sat 20th September Northants District morning ringing
- Sat 18th October Western District autumn meeting in South Wales, details here.
- Sat 25th October Southern District Autumn Outing, Romsey/Eastleigh area of Hampshire. More details available soon.
- Sat 1st November Eastern District quarterly district meeting in Essex
- Sat 15th November 10-bell practice at St Clement Danes, details here.
- Sat 29th November Marches District meeting
- Category: The Marches
- Published on Monday, 11 August 2014 20:29
- Written by Anne Newman
- Hits: 104
Ladies Guild – Marches District Meeting Saturday 30 August 2014
10.00 am – 11.00 am Bodenham, St Michael & All Angels, HR1 3JU, 6 bells, 12cwt, T
11.30 am – 12.45 pm Stoke Prior, St Luke HR6 0LG, 6 bells, 6cwt
1.00 pm Lunch at the Hickory Stick HR6 0LE
2.30 pm – 4.00 pm Leominster, SS Peter & Paul HR6 8EQ, 10 bells, 22cwt, meeting followed by ringing. (Timing flexible) T
- Category: About the Guild
- Published on Monday, 02 June 2014 15:12
- Written by Janet Garnett
- Hits: 371
6 September 2014
Everything for the ringer you are and the ringer you want to be
WANTED - Reserve Helpers for Ladies Guild Roadshow Stand
I would now like to set up a list of people who would be willing to act a reserve to man the Ladies Guild stand at the Ringing Roadshow on 6th September, this is just in case anyone has to drop out at the last minute.
If you would be willing to help in this way please email me via the National Contacts on the Ladies Guild Website (here) with your contact details.
Thanks for your help
- Category: Southeastern
- Published on Tuesday, 24 June 2014 20:01
- Written by Helen Webb
- Hits: 315
The next 10 bell practice at St Clement Dane's is on Saturday 15th November from 1.30pm to 4pm: methods will be plain hunt and Grandsire Caters.
- Category: Eastern
- Published on Monday, 23 June 2014 14:05
- Written by Janet Garnett
- Hits: 230
Theo Crowder reports that Cromer bells were delivered on Monday 16th June, and they were scheduled to go up into the tower on Thursday 19th June. Theo's photos show all the, now, eight bells in the church yard with Maureen Gardiner sitting on one, and Betty Baines and Gilbert Larter with the 2nd. Gilbert and Joan Larter donated the bell in memory of Tony Baines.
- A peal for Wendy's birthday, 01/06/2014
- Ringing Holiday, Torquay, 11-18 May 2014
- Kent District becomes Southeastern
- 10 Bell Practice at St Clement Danes: Saturday 3rd May 2014
- Coleorton, Leicestershire, 08/02/2014
- Betty Baines MBE
- 10 Bell Practice, St Clement Danes, 22/02/2014
- Young Lady Ringer Award 2014
- New format for quarter peals - Dec 2013
- East Midlands Celebrated! Ten Year Anniversary