The object of the Ladies’ Guild of Change Ringers as stated in our rules is: to bring together ringers both nationally and within local districts, to encourage new ringers, and to improve the standard of ringing amongst women.
We provide a supportive network of members who will help you achieve new goals within ringing, whether to try a new method, to ring a quarter peal or to call something new.
The Ladies Guild is organised into geographic districts, with events organised by individual districts and by the Guild as a whole. More information about the Guild is here, including a link to download a membership brochure and application form.
This list shows planned future dates for all districts in the Ladies Guild. Please contact the webmistress to add to or update this list. For more details about an event, see the relevant district page, or contact the district officers.
For general information about the Ladies Guild, see About the Guild.
- Sat 29th Aug Central District meeting.
- Sat 29th Aug Marches District meeting, details here.
- Sat 5th September Eastern District quarterly meeting in Norfolk. First tower East Harling, ringing 10 - 11 am. Details here.
- Sat 5th September Western District meeting, details tba.
- Sat 19th September 10-bell practice at St Clement Danes, details here.
- Sat 19th September South Midlands District meeting, details here.
- Fri 23rd - Mon 26th October Southeastern District Weekend tour in Dorset.
- Sat 10th October East Midlands District meeting
- Sat 31st October Central District meeting.
- Sat 31st October Marches District meeting.
- Sat 31st October Southern District outing to Portsmouth area.
- Sat 7th November Eastern District quarterly meeting in Cambridgeshire.
- Sat 14th November 10-bell practice at St Clement Danes, details here.
- Sat 30th January Central District ADM.
- Sat 6th February Southern District Social lunch.
- Sat 10th February East Midlands District ADM
- Sat 5th March Southern District ADM.
- Sat 12th March Eastern District ADM in Suffolk.
- Sat 12th March Southeastern District ADM in Frant (venue to be confirmed).
- 8th - 15th May - Ladies Guild holiday in Norfolk, contact Pearl Jeanes for more information.
- Sat 25th June National Ladies Guild AGM, hosted by the Western District in the Bath area.
- Category: South Midlands
- Published on Wednesday, 26 August 2015 14:49
- Written by Rosemary Hemmings
- Hits: 23
At Beaudesert St Nicholas (6) 6-2-12 B from 10.15am to 11.00am B95 5JY
At Henley In Arden St John the Baptist, (6) 11-3-4 G from 11.30am to 12.15pm B95 5SS.
We will hold a short business meeting at this tower. Agenda below. Followed by lunch at a local pub, details to be confirmed.
- MINUTES OF LAST YEAR’S MEETING
- NEW MEMBERS
- NATIONAL AGM 20TH JUNE LAST
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Category: About the Guild
- Published on Saturday, 08 August 2015 16:55
- Written by Helen Webb
- Hits: 133
I attended the AGM of the Ringing Foundation this afternoon (8th August. 35 members attended; 14 were required for the meeting to be quorate. Following the adoption of the minutes of the 2014 AGM and the accounts for 2014, a proposal was made to dissolve the Ringing Foundation. The majority voted in favour of the dissolution. The board will now implement the procedure to dissolve the Foundation. A brief and factual report of the meeting will be in the next issue of the Ringing World.
- Category: The Marches
- Published on Thursday, 30 July 2015 21:11
- Written by AnneN
- Hits: 151
Ringing and Meeting
09:45 - 10.45 Forden, St Michael and All Angels, 6 bells, 9 cwt, SY21 8NE
11:00 - 12:00 Berriew, St Beuno, 8 bells, 8 cwt, SY21 8PF
12:15 Lunch The Talbot Hotel, Berriew, SY21 8PJ
14:30 - 15:30 Welshpool, St Mary of the Salutation, 8 bells, 12 cwt, SY21 7DP
- Category: About the Guild
- Published on Friday, 03 July 2015 19:02
- Written by Janet Garnett
- Hits: 289
From Mary Bone, Honorary Secretary, Central Council of Church Bell Ringers, to Carolyn Dawson, General Secretary, Ladies Guild
An important article about the future of The Ringing World has been published in today's issue (Friday 3 July 2015).
The article by the chairman is available at this url http://www.ringingworld.co.uk/images/stories/70PercentChallenge.pdf and we would be grateful if you would draw it to the attention of your members and urge them to respond positively.
If you have any problems accessing the article please feel free to contact me directly for a pdf version.
Many thanks, Mary
- AGM 2015
- 10-bell practices at St Clement Danes in 2015
- From our Central Council Reps - Social Media
- Northamptonshire becomes South Midlands
- Young Ringer of The Year 2014
- From the Central Council PR committee
- 10 Bell Practice at St Clement Danes: Saturday 15th November 2014
- Ringing Roadshow, September 2014
- Cromer bells, June 2014
- A peal for Wendy's birthday, 01/06/2014